Tuesday, January 21, 2003

I finally went to a doctor about my knee.

This is the knee that was in the slip and fall in the other building I used to work in. I fell on their very slick, well polished brick flooring – the whole weight on my right knee (and that’s a lot). Not the knee cap, but the bone beneath the knee.

Since then, it has been murder. I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot bend my leg and have to do it manually. Sometimes it feels the leg is going to give way. Pain up my leg and down my shin and a constant burning type pain on the bone.

At first I thought it was just a deep bruise but it wouldn’t get better. So today I went to a bone doctor, and he says it’s arthritis. BUT I BEG TO DIFFER.

First, it would be constant pain (ask my parents) and my leg would not freeze up and there would not be a burning pain on the end of the bone. I know what arthritis feels like. He took an x-ray and said look – he said the trauma of the fall made the arthritis flare up. Hmmm? And there is medicine I can take. Hello, I’ve been taking all sorts of anti-inflammatories – Celebrex, Motrin, Naprosyn. Nothing worked.

He also said it might (might) be a torn cartilage and wants to take an MRI. He said someone will call me to make an appointment. No one has.

I also felt like I was on a patient conveyor belt – HEAD EM UP, MOVE EM OUT – and let’s get the money from the insurance company.

A friend here at work said he sounds like a defense attorney’s “physician” – one who works for the insurance companies.

Everyone take sides now.


No comments: