Wednesday, August 13, 2003

In Dallas as Usual Stuff with the Usual Typos

I haven't written in a while because I just didn't feel like it but here is NEW stuff as per usual on the Dallas scene, while still trying to get rid of html error that seems to be on this page ---- somewhere -- like looking for a needle in a haystack - but here we go:

1. Pity the poor cab driver that rear-ended our illustrious mayor's car. She wants stricter insurance laws for city cab drivers, and although this guy had insurance – she will probably really stick it to him. Yeah, he had insurance. He probably just couldn't read English and saw that her car was in a Parking Only area.

2. I drive to work every day going down Canton Street. There are "No Parking from 6 to 9 a.m." signs, but every morning I have to weave in and out the street because of the illegal parked cars on the street. Tickets used to be given out on these cars, but that has disappeared – they are probably doing more meaningful things in Dallas – like hide.

3. City budgets are being worked on as I write. Fort Worth hints at lowering the property tax rate, other cities keeping these at the same rate. Dallas has said nothing, but they will probably do the same thing they do every year – raise taxes on the middle class while the new high rise apartments building pay nothing. Oooh, we gotta raise living in the downtown area again and this is an incentive.

4. I was diagnosed as having sleep apnea. From my tests – its seems for every hour I "sleep" I actually only sleep 20 minutes. I have to wear the Darth Varder type thing at night to get good air down my lungs, but I tried it and it was like sleeping on a cloud. No, this is not a Certa mattress commercial.

5. Oh and this is great. Someone nominated ex-felon Al Lipscomb to be on the Police Review Board. Duh! The guy is committed bribery while on the city council! Somehow this seems quasi-normal for Dallas. After all, he doesn't have a job now and no money to give away for bribes.

6. Oh yes, and the idiot Demos are still in NM. A new football team is being formed in their honor (compliments of Fark).




No comments: