Tuesday, April 01, 2003

After THE TEXAS MOTOR SPEEDWAY NACAR RACE WEEKEND – a few thoughts:

1. "The Iraqis have let me stay because they see me as a fellow warrior," Arnett said. "They know I might not agree with them, but I've got their respect."'

Peter Arnett crushed by own ego (from FARK).

2. The Dixie Chicks' CDs have taken a nose dive – hmm – I wonder why.

3. On the fly over at the race – a B-1 bomber flew over. I do believe that is the mother of all bombers. The stands shook and vibrated it was so big. Also 4 Apache helicopters and 4 F-111s. If I saw those coming at me, I'd surrender – but I'm not French.

4, Needless to say with 200,000 plus "redneck" Nascar fans, there weren't any anti-war demonstrators – did you hear that Dixie Chicks?

5. For some odd reason, Britney Spears was there, she didn't sing the National Anthem or anything. Why was she there? Thinking minds want to know. Ed had to zero in on her belly button via the binocs, but he wasn't impressed.

6. The weather? Strange. When it was cloudy, it was cold. When the sun came out, it was hot but then the sun went over behind the stands, and it was cold again. Texas weather!

7. Bobby Labonte had the pole and Ryan Newman won the race. Best part – 2d and 3d place run – Earnhardt, Jr. and Jeff Gordon.

8. Today is the anniversary of Alan Kulwicki's death – RIP.

9. Quote from Sterling Marling: "Yeah, if it paid the same good money." --Sterling Marlin when asked if he'd like to see TMS have two race dates next year

10. IT DIDN'T RAIN!

No comments: