Wednesday, February 05, 2003

Thoughts on a Wednesday:

The mayor’s race is up and running in Dallas, and I wouldn’t vote for either candidate. The mayor we have now has done nothing worthwhile at for Dallas except make quite a few enemies. She has her own agenda to carry out while the economy in Dallas goes zippo.

Then, there is her opponent who is the representative from my district – ask me if she has done anything for this district besides the pooper scooper law. I wish someone who knew what they were doing would run for mayor – is there any one like that in Dallas????? Look hard.

Enough on local politics, it’s making me sick.

Yesterday I had to go in for an MRI on my knee (from the incident when I fell in the lobby of the last building I worked in). It took 40 minutes, and the technician said “do not move” during that time – which of course makes you immediately want to do anything except lie still. Then my back started hurting horribly. When it was over, the nurse literally had to pull me off the table because my back wouldn’t work. But they gave me two cookies because I was a good girl.

On the shuttle disaster –

I live in Dallas, but I think I was the only one who didn't hear it.

I was asleep - dead to the world which is pretty much usual for Saturday morning.

Ed had heard on the TV (he watches CNN all the time) that the shuttle was coming over. He went outside to watch the contrail - but he thought it looked a little funny (we had seen one fly over before at night, and the trail was very straight – quite a sight). He then went back into the house and kaboom!

Quida, who lives just outside Fort Worth, was outside with Quigley, the wonder Aussie Shepherd dog, and she heard it - said it first sounded like a sonic boom then with a rumble. Quigley didn’t hear it, he’s deaf, but sonic waves did hit him and scared him enough to run back into the house.

Later she and I went to east Texas (Forney) to buy a yard ornament (a quite large wrought iron Doberman dog and wrought iron fat cat) for my mother. The guy that runs the place (Little Reds – great place for antiques) said the same as Ed. He went outside and the shuttle looked really odd, he went back inside - kaboom.

After this, we ate at this great restaurant in Forney, Texas (chicken fried steak extraordinaire), and the cashier said breakfast crowd heard it and starting screaming, because it was so loud, they thought something was going to hit them.

A little something from a friend of mine where I use to work.

THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
Indubitably
Innovative
Preliminary
Proliferation
Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
Specificity
British Constitution
Passive-aggressive disorder
Loquacious Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:
Thanks, but I don't want to have sex
Nope, no more booze for me
Sorry, but you're not really my type
Good evening officer, isn't it lovely out tonight
Oh, I just couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing

Enough today – maybe more later.

No comments: